General: Bacon baps, burgers, hot dogs, sausages, breakfast baps/baguettes, bacon & brie baps/baguettes, ham & salad baps/baguettes
Vegetarian: Chips, chips & cheese, egg baps, cheese & salad baps/baguettes, veggie burgers, brie & salad baps/baguettes, veggie breakfast baps/baguettes
Specials: A range of home-made soups including tomato, leek & potato, broccoli & stilton, beef stroganoff, mushroom stroganoff, chilli, curries, hot pork rolls, ploughman’s lunches, jacket potatoes, chicken in white wine & cream sauce
We can also provide a hospitality service for judges, sponsors, staff.
Carrot and Coriander soup (serves 50)
10 medium English onions
4 medium leeks
8 sticks celery
60 medium carrots
15 large potatoes
1.5 tspns salt
3.5 tspns black pepper
Few sprigs of fresh thyme & rosemary (optional)
Big bunch of coriander (stalks removed)
1 tbspn olive oil
1 tbspn cooking oil
Tomato puree (optional)
- Peel onions, wash leeks & celery and chop all.
- Heat through gently in a large cauldron with the oils, stirring frequently, still soft.
- Scrub carrots & potatoes, roughly chop, then add to the pan with the salt & pepper.
- Add half of the chopped coriander, thyme & rosemary.
- Stir well then cover and leave on low heat for 15 minutes to soften & absorb flavours.
- Add kettles of boiling water until the level is just about the vegetables.
- Cover & simmer for about an hour until all vegetables are soft.
- Remove from heat & liquidise.
- Check seasoning – probably add a bit more salt & pepper, & tomato puree.
- Save a few coriander leaves for garnish, but chop the rest and add to the soup now.
- Add a swirl of cream and some fresh coriander to serve. A handful of croutons and/or grated cheddar are tasty optional extras.
- Suitable for vegetarians, wheat/yeast/gluten-free, no added sugars. Also suitable for vegans and dairy-intolerant if cream and cheese is not added.